Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy 100th Week!

Hello Everyone!

I hope your 100th day went well this week.  I wonder with the new common core standards if we will have to celebrate the 120th day next year? :)

I know I am a bit late with this reminder, but remember to record the sky for the weather lab this month.  One way I remember to fill in the calendar is to have my students do it right away in the morning after they sign in.  Otherwise we are rushing so much during the day that it can easily be overlooked. 

I found some really cool clip art sites that I will share with you.  This could help you in the future cover information that is needed in the new common core standards.

US Money 
This link is US common currency

2D and 3D Shapes
Here is one on 2D and 3D shapes

Time/Clocks
This one I really like on Clocks and time.  I am currently finishing up a center that teaches the digital, analog, and the written versions of time.  I will post it as soon as I get it finished!

Place Value
This one is on place value- bits, skinny, and flats.  We don't use them much in first grade, but with the new common core standards we will!


Have a great rest of the week!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment