Friday, February 24, 2012

Teacher Conferences This Week!

Hello Everyone!  I hope your conferences went well this past week and you can relax this weekend!  I wish I could relax, but we have three birthday parties this weekend and we also need to move to our new house. 

I have been stressing out a lot trying to post some wonderful resources I have created for you, but once again technology is my enemy.  Instead I decided to take some pictures of the centers I have done this past week.  I know it is Valentine themed, but I had so many center ideas that we are actually even going into next week as well : )  All of these center ideas were from Abby Mills.


Here is a graphing center that will have the students graph the data and then answer questions for further understanding.  I have an activity similiar of my own that is about graphing fruit. 
This activity has six addition and six subtraction problems.  Students will cut out each problem, glue it in the booklet, and then draw a picture, and record a number sentence.  I really like the set-up and hope to create a set of my own for March.  If you would like a copy of the March problems send an email the second week in March.
This sheet looks very scary and confusing, but really my students just LOVED it.  Each card has three numbers on it.  Two of the numbers make ten and then they add the third number to get the answer.  I can see creating adding pots of gold in a similar activity.

This activity is a true/false center that students will need to look at groups of ten sticks and bits (ones) and decide if the group is greater than or less than a number.  The will then need to record which cards are true and which are false.





I am so sorry I could not get actual activities posted this week.  If you have any concepts your students are struggling in please comment and let me know.  I have about 20 different activities started, but not finished yet.  I do have two activities finished that I would be willing to email to you.  One is Number ID up to 1000 and the other is telling time (analog, digital).  Let me know you are interested and I can get it to you:  tparker@ecasd.k12.wi.us .

Thanks again for the support of this blog and have a wonderful weekend!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment